I wanted to share some results I’m getting with my website’s search engine optimization (SEO). For a year and a half I’ve been trying to make some traction in organic search results in Google for certain keyword phrases like “Minnesota Web Design” (check it out yourself) where I’m trying to target local businesses.
This is a very competitive phrase for Web Design agencies within the Twin Cities area and in Minnesota. With there being so many agencies and small Web companies everyone’s trying to leap frog each other to the first page of Google’s organic search results. Currently, I’m on the second page as the 15th organic search result and hopefully in the near future I’ll make it to the first page where about 90% of most search’s end.
If you look at the 14 results before me about 10 of them are large Web agencies. So, how is it that a newer business like mine can already compete with the bigger players? It’s a combination of:
- SEO Website Development
- Solid website content and updating it regularly (portfolio, blog, galleries, etc.)
- Interaction on the Web (blogging, social media, external linking)
- Backlinks (incoming links from other websites)
- Time. Patience is a virtue with Search Engines, no one has the exact formula for instant results but there are best practices you can do to speed up the process.
Point being, if SEO is done properly you’ll start to seeing better rankings in organic results which should create more leads for your company.
- SEO & Local Search Event
- Minnesota electrical company receives new web design
- Live! – Local University in Denver
- About.me Custom Profiles